Your wedding is a very important event in your life. It’s when you and your partner finally get to call yourselves husband and wife. Since this day is so significant, it’s understandable why you’d want to make it perfect and unforgettable.
As such, one of the “make it or break it” aspects of planning a wedding is choosing the venue.
Picking the right venue is crucial. It sets the atmosphere for your entire wedding.
Whether you prefer a minimalist style or lavish fairytale wedding, the location plays an integral part in making that dream wedding come true.
With that said…
If you plan on getting married in Colombia, specifically in Medellin, we’ve compiled a list of amazing wedding venues. We’ve categorized them into three: hotels, beaches, and outdoor garden venues.
Check out the following ideal places to get married in Colombia:
Hotel Wedding Venues
Hotel venues are great if you’re hosting out-of-town guests or if you don’t want the hassle of going to and from the venue. Not only is it convenient, but you also get to save on transportation.
Choose to stay in-house the day before the big day. Book an entire floor or multiple rooms for your family, friends, entourage, and guests. In cases like this, some hotels give discounts just by booking your reservation in advance.
Below are our top recommendations for hotel wedding venues in Medellin:
1. Hotel Park 10
It’s a four-star romantic hotel just half a mile from the city’s entertainment district, Lleras Park. This establishment offers wedding arrangement services. Inquire about their packages and see if they suit your taste.
You won’t have to worry about wedding decor, chairs, tables, podiums, sound systems, and catering. Less work and worry for you. Instead of stressing about the minor details of the venue, you can leave it to the good hands of the well-experienced hotel staff and organizers.
What’s also worth mentioning is that they have a huge conference center that’s 2088 square feet. It’s perfect for an indoor wedding ceremony or reception area.
2. Hotel Poblado Alejandria Express
Arguably one of the best wedding venues in Medellin Colombia, this hotel has a dedicated team of professional wedding organizers that will take care of almost everything for you.
They have different areas within the premises of the hotel where you can host your wedding.
- Café Alejandría Restaurant — one of the smaller spaces that can accommodate up to 40 people. It’s perfect for cozy, small, and intimate weddings.
- Sky Meeting Room — also perfect for small weddings and can accommodate up to 35 people. It’s located on the 15th floor of the building and offers a beautiful panoramic view of the city.
- Gran Andes — offers a bigger space for larger crowds. It can comfortably fit 40–120 guests. It has an auditorium layout, which makes it a blank canvas for you to decorate according to your preference.
- Main Square — can fit up to 60 people. It has access to an adjoining room, and if you choose to expand your area to include such a room, you can accommodate an extra 50 guests.
- La Terraza — an open space garden. This can fit up to 150 people. Great for large weddings.
Beach Wedding Venues
Although there are not that many beach venues in Medellin, there are numerous resorts to which you can travel near the city. A few miles away is Cartagena, a lovely port town on Colombia’s Caribbean coast, which also happens to be a popular beach destination.
Below are some amazing beach wedding venues in Cartagena, Colombia:
1. Barú Playa Eco-Beach Resort
A few minutes away from this resort is Baru Church. You can choose to have your wedding ceremony in the church and the reception at the beach, or have both the ceremony and reception at the resort.
Speaking of reception, the resort has a great restaurant with an ocean view and is equipped with an international chef, as well as a fully stocked bar lounge. Wrap up your wedding day with a drink in hand while watching the sunset.
2. Hotel Isla del Encanto
The hotel’s beach resort also offers its guests a memorable wedding service experience. With an area of 300 meters, you can comfortably fit up to 500 people in this venue. Contact them and request a quotation.
3.. Hotel Las Islas
You have the option to hold your wedding in one of their three wedding spaces:
- Beachside — by the sea, ideal during noon time when the weather is cooler.
- Las Islas Bar — an open space fronting the sea, ideal during late afternoons as the sun sets.
- Barú Lounge — a closed space with air-conditioning. It has large 360° window panes which allow guests to have a gorgeous view of the tropical forests and the Caribbean sea.
Outdoor Garden Wedding Venues
One advantage of this type of venue is it gives you more flexibility when accommodating guests. If more people suddenly show up, you can easily grab an extra table and set of chairs for them to sit on.
For couples who love the outdoors, below are three wonderful garden spaces in Medellin which you can use as a wedding venue:
1. Casa Mosaico Hotel Boutique
A large tranquil estate that’s known for its bohemian style suites — wood interior and exterior, attractive decent-sized garden, stone fireplaces, and an outdoor bar and restaurant.
Their banquet hall is located just beside the garden space, and you can choose to book both areas as your wedding venue.
2. Hacienda Fizebad
Located in the rural area of Medellin is this rustic country hotel. The area is completely covered by nature — tall and green trees, diverse fauna, and huge grasslands.
It also has its own beautiful colonial chapel. You can ride a horse carriage from the chapel to the reception area. The place has four large spaces which you can use to host guests after the ceremony.
- Terrace living room — can accommodate up to 100 people. Comes with round tables, each with 8 seats.
- Convention room — can accommodate up to 110 people. It also comes with round tables and chairs.
- Founders room — can fit up to 48 people, and also comes with tables and chairs.
- Orquideas — has a maximum capacity of 230 people.
3. Jardin Botanico
This 14-hectare garden space is one of the most popular areas for weddings. It’s surrounded by tropical forestry and numerous gardens. There’s also a butterfly farm, a small lake, and several animal sanctuaries.
The most booked area is the Orquideorama, a large outdoor space with a canopy shaped like a bouquet of flowers.
However, the place itself does not offer wedding service packages, so you will need to hire a wedding and event planner elsewhere.
Find Your Future Colombian Wife
If you’re ready for marriage but haven’t found a wife yet, join our dating site. There are thousands of Latinas waiting for you to talk to them. Meet women from Colombia and start finding your soulmate online.
If you’re interested in meeting these women, join our singles vacation tour! Date these ladies in the flesh. Soon enough, getting married in Colombia won’t be such a bad idea.